Monday, April 27, 2015

College Writing Review

Since I am an advertising major, I definitely think that writing is a crucial trait to have to do well. To write copy you have to be comfortable with writing and aware of grammar rules. There is actually a required course for all JMC majors to take that is solely based around writing. I learned a tremendous amount about writing rules from that class. By no means do I think I have all of the rules mastered; I still have a lot to learn to perfect my craft. I have noticed that there are different rules for media writing compared to traditional writing that is taught in the English Composition classes at OU. The number one thing that comes to mind is the use of the Oxford comma. I have always tried to catch myself when I omit it in my non-JMC classes. It is really interesting to read back on some of my high school papers now and see how atrocious my writing was compared to what I know now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment