Monday, April 13, 2015

Reading Diary A: Fairy Tales I (Lang)

I have to admit that I chose to read the Fairy Tales I (Lang) unit since Puss in Boots was mentioned as one of the stories in it. I had naively assumed that that character was just made for the Shrek movies for some reason. I was so happy to see that the stories of Puss in Boots have been spread around for some time now!


The Master Cat, or Puss in Boots: Puss in Boots definitely has one of the most interesting hunting methods that I have seen. I loved to read that he did actually wear his large, boisterous boots in the story. I did not expect him to just wait for critters to rummage through his bag when they thought he was dead. I was expecting him to prowl around like a proud panther waiting for the opportunity to strike. I still appreciate that he hunts in his own unique way thought. I also liked that Puss in Boots was running a scheme the entire story as well; he is such a unique character. I think I will write about him for my story this week.
 

How the Dragon was Tricked: I chose this story since I have always loved a good dragon story; they are always fascinating tales to read about. This story developed totally different that I had thought it would. I did not see the brother that was tied up to the tree in the beginning turning out to be the master trickster that had to confront the dragon. I thought it was really weird how it just progressed from him being tied to the tree. I would have definitely wanted some revenge for getting left to starve to death at the tree. My favorite quality about him is his confidence and assurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment