Monday, April 20, 2015

Reading Diary B: Italian Fairy Tales

I am really glad that I chose to read Italian Fairy Tales for my reading diary this week. It was a trove of great stories to choose from. I am glad that I can say I know some actual Italian fairy tales now.

An Incident in Rome: I did not see this story being a religious themed one. Master Francis really stood out in this story. I loved his eagerness to jump into the depths of the hole that they had just recently discovered. He went into the hole without a care or concern. I loved that he took that autograph on his back no questions asked, granted, he was not going to get any answers regardless of how many questions he asked the old man, whom would later be revealed as Pilate. His fate in the end was something that I did not see coming. I was a little sad to see that his bravery would end up being his downfall.


A Feast Day: I chose this story since I still do not know how I feel about it. This was a story where I could not guess what the moral would be while I was reading it. I was a fan of the dynamic between the cat and the dog. I loved how they schemed together to steal the fowl from the cauldron and even to hide after. The biggest question I have is what caused everyone to get stuck together? None of the characters really had enough time to develop and give more information about themselves. I did think that it had a poetic ending by insulting the listeners.


No comments:

Post a Comment