Monday, April 6, 2015

Reading Diary A: King Arthur

I was really excited to read about King Arthur this week. I have only ever read a few short excerpts in school about him and I've watched a show that was loosely based on the King Arthur stories. This was a great opportunity to read a trove of Arthurian tales and actually learn something about him.

The Drawing of the Sword: I had to write about this one since it immediately made me think about the cartoon Sword and the Stone movie. It was great to read the actual story so I can see how much the movie deviated from the tale. Seeing how humble Arthur is after accomplishing such a mighty feat makes him such a great character. I loved that his first thought as king was pledging allegiance to his foster family for taking care of him. That is definitely something you would not expect to see in a young boy. I am leaning towards writing about Arthur's experience right after he was acknowledged as being the rightful king.


The Passing of Merlin: I have to admit that I was disappointed with how Merlin died. I was expecting him to croak after getting into an intense magical battle of some sort, but no, he was killed with a large rock. I do like how he foresaw how his demise would come, but he continued on. I also liked how they had to add that she used a spell that she had learned from Merlin to kill him

No comments:

Post a Comment