Thursday, April 23, 2015

Extra Reading Diary: Aesop: La Fontaine

I chose to ready Aesop: La Fontaine for my extra reading diary this week since I have immensely enjoyed all of the Aesop fables up until this point. Each Aesop unit is so rich and diverse with all of the elements that are used in the stories; this unit was able to live up to the standard and then some. I was really glad that I chose to read this unit!

Foxes: One story from the Fox unit that I really liked was The Fox and the Grapes. I loved the range of emotions that were shown by the fox during the trials of trying to acquire the grapes. At one point he was enamored by the sight of them and he had to have them above all else. I just loved how quickly his thoughts about the grapes shifted once he realized that it was a task that he could not accomplish. My favorite thing was when he even called the grapes sour since he had such a sour attitude from failing.


(fox)

Insects: I chose the insect unit since they are not commonly used protagonists in most stories. I have never really know what attitudes to associate with insects since they are so rarely used. One story that really stood out from the others was The Grasshopper and the Ant. The Grasshopper was such a perfect character since you never really do hear them in the winter, but you will definitely hear them all winter long. I loved that the grasshopper was put into a perspective of not having a job in the winter since it never chirps then. I also liked how shrewd the ant was by not wanting to give him any bread since she had no compassion for that since ants are always moving and working. The story was brilliant.


No comments:

Post a Comment